These are live (well, live as I get them) updates that are coming from both XFN and Haven on what's going on at the LA Film Festival that is featuring a NINETY MINUTE panel with Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz and David Duchovny.
THESE ARE ALL SPOILERY! PLEASE SKIP OVER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!
My thoughts are in italics.
- clips shown at the panel have apparently been tapped by the wonderful Kylie at Haven. (I will link to these clips when they pop up online)
- So apparently "shippers will be happy"
says FS and DD, and who are we to argue with Frank and David?
- one clip has M&S arguing
like we've never seen them argue before - very angsty.
- William is not a part of the plot
, but is not forgotten...interesting
- apparently David (yes, Duchovny) will have a blog
...wrap your head around that!
- there are 2 new clips where Mulder is trying
to ignore scully Scully she's being a skeptic because she's protesting him taking the case. Sounds like the old Scully, and Mulder sounds like he's bringing the lolz
- apparently there is time at the panel for fan questions. i'm not even going to try and guess what people will come up with after what we saw at WonderCon...
- Scully tells Mulder that even after all these years, he's still looking for his sister. OH SCULLY DON'T DO THAT. (Samatha is apparently a metaphor for something?)
- Apparently this is part of the conversation that goes on, in shortened form
she tells him that he needs to stop trying to save his sister
he says that she's dead
she says that hasn't stopped him
she looks sad, almost sorrowful
he says he needs the FBI team back out there
he starts to walk
she follows, asking what he's doing (scene that we saw being filmed ages ago possibly?) he quips that he's trying to ignore her (is that even possible?)
This isn't my life anymore Mulder:
[looks at her incredulously, tells FBI to keep searching]okay, so she never went back to how things used to be (obviously) but does this mean she hasnt' been with Mulder all this time?
DD was apparently saying something like "Mulder is at the end of the movie, more like the 1993!Mulder than ever" okay, so is mulder completely consumed by the search for lights in the sky? what about Scully?
Panel is over quickest 90 minutes EVER
- DD brings the lolz:
DD said "Xzibit pimped Chris' ride"
- Someone asked DD if he and GA ever had conflicting opinions on how the characters should be played, and DD said there are always conflicts, which makes it interesting, and that they do their own thing, and that they don't get in each others ways...interesting, at least they're not being angsty like Mulder and Scully
apparently the angsty clips show our favourite M&S chemistry working it's magic, with people in the audience saying that the scene had them tearing up and wanting to cry...
- theories are flying that the angsty scene between GA&DD is the one that GA had so much trouble with at the start of fliming...this is actually looking like a possibility, because lets face it, GA doesn't suck at anything. The scene described where Mulder walks away and Scully follows sounds a lot like the scene that was leaked early in the year, where both of them look angry and little tiny snippet of what we could hear sounded angry and testy.
Pictures from the panel are starting to pop up. here
- Clips from the panel are starting to appear
- David arriving
- About getting back to M&S
- What the movie is about. kind of CLIP DESCRIPTION (thanks to Maru)
- Mulder and Scully are in the field and Mulder goes to keep looking and Scully asks him what he's doing. Mulder says searching and Scully starts to get a little peeved with him saying "It's my fault, i'm the one who brought you on this" (scully started this? that seems a little strange don't you guys think?)
Mulder starts to walk away from Scully when she says this, and he says "i'm trying to ignore you" (snippy much mulder?)
- Mulder and Scully are kneeling down in the snow with Father Joe, Father Joe gets up and walks away and Mulder starts to go as well, Scully yells at him "stop! Stop, I don't want to do this anymore...it's not my job anymore" Mulder gets huffy and says "no, you're just my booking agent, right" jesus Mulder, you're supposed to be on her side
She goes "no, I'm sorry I even got you into this" and they talk about how the "women issues he's having with finding these girls alive" he wants to find them Alive. i'm not really sure what to think about all of this so far. SO MUCH ANGST
They have a little convo about how he never finds the women in his life alive (meaning his sister and mother) and she goes onto to tell him Samantha is dead and he says something about that being why he wants to find these girls alive. Mulder walks off, Scully asks what he's doing and he says "i'm trying to ignore you"okay, so just wtf is this movie about?
OH MY GOD I AM DEAD.
transcribed from what I can hear (this is only the M&S bits)
starts off with Xhibt, M, S and Father Joe. There is the clip that is in the trailer with the whole "what do you see" Mulder:
Scully what does it mean 'through dirty glass'?Scully:
STOP!Mulder: (audience is laughing, and I can't make out what Mulder says)Scully:
This is not my job anymore MulderMulder:
No, that's right, that's right, you're just like, my, my booking agent now, right? Scully:
This is my faultMulder:
What do you mean it's your fault?Scully:
For getting you involved in thisMulder:
No, No, it was the right thing to do ScullyScully:
This is not about finding an FBI agent, this is about you trying to save your sisterMulder:
what? my sister is dead (mulder sounds like he's about to cry!)Scully:
It hasnt' stopped you from looking for herScully:
Mulder I have been through this too many years with you, believing you can save her, you cannot save her, not now, not everMulder: (he turns away, like he's about to walk away) [shouting]
we need those men back!Scully: [in disbelief]
what are you doing?Mulder:
Trying to ignore you (the snark on this statement is unbelievable!, and the whole audience is just like "OH SNAP")
updates as the come in from XFN and Haven